After 30 years of committed and dedicated service to the children and their families, Maxine Ingrouille-Kidd has resigned from her position as Nursery Manager at Wedmore First School Academy and Nursery.
What a spectacular show our fantastically talented Year 4 put on for us! Click on the linkpicture below to see the full photo gallery
Please follow the new menu item or click on the image of the swimming pool above to see the pools opening times out of school hours
The pool is now ready to use and we are hoping for the warmer weather to arrive!
The swimming timetable will be displayed on school notice boards and on the school website. A copy of the timetable is also attached to this e-mail. All classes will need at least one parent volunteer to attend each swimming session, so if you have a current DBS clearance and you can spare some time to support us accessing the pool, please could you let your class teacher know the sessions you are available. In order to comply with our current procedures we need three adults present for any swim session to run.
Swimming sessions for Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 will be a mix of qualified swim teacher sessions and class teacher led sessions. Some additional sessions will be provided for an improvers group of key stage 2 children. These children will be notified individually.
Children should wear:
- Trunks or swimsuit - We advise that children refrain from wearing bikinis or beach shorts as these limit a child’s ability to move freely during a teaching session.
- Shoulder length hair needs to be tied back or a swim hat worn
- Goggles are not compulsory, but we recommend that they are used (These should be purchased from a reputable outlet and should meet British Standards).
- Appropriate water-proof footwear for walking between classrooms and poolside e.g. flip-flops/crocs
Children cannot wear:
- armbands/or costumes with floatation aids attached
- ear-rings (please send your child without ear-rings on swimming days)
All children are expected to take part in swimming lessons as part of our PE curriculum. If your child is unable to join in the lesson, please send a letter giving a reason to the class teacher. Any children who are not taking part in swimming sessions will be sent with suitable work to another class. Please help your child to have the correct kit in school at all times so that they can enjoy this wonderful facility that we have.
Many thanks in advance for your support
PE & School Sports Co-ordinator Lead